Friday, September 13, 2013

Great week to be a Blugold

Wow – it’s been another great week to be a Blugold.

For those who haven’t yet heard, UW-Eau Claire was named (for the 19th consecutive year!) among the best public regional universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report, AND we were recognized by two national organizations for providing our students with a high quality education at an affordable cost.

Frankly, these outstanding rankings come as no surprise to me. Since arriving here as chancellor on July 1, I’ve seen time and again that our faculty and staff are living out a heartfelt commitment to providing our students with a high quality, affordable and transformative education. And in the community, every day I’m meeting more and more Blugold alumni who are using their UW-Eau Claire education, giving back through their work and service to society and making our community a vibrant place to live. I’m so very pleased to see UW-Eau Claire being recognized for its important impact.

One day this week, I had the opportunity to grab lunch in Davies Center. I struck up a conversation with a student seated near me, and I asked him a few questions about his time so far at UW-Eau Claire. The student, a junior – so he’s been here long enough to have a time-tested opinion – was quick to share that “every single day I’m reminded that I made the best decision when I chose to come to UW-Eau Claire. I absolutely love it here.”
 
What wonderful words for a chancellor to hear! And I wanted to be sure to share them here, with those responsible for this student’s great experience. Congratulations to all the Blugolds who’ve had a role in UW-Eau Claire’s most recent recognitions – both those on a national scale as well as those right here on campus!