Thursday, August 29, 2013

Move-in day!

Meeting a student during day one of 2013 residence hall move-in.
I was excited to experience my first Blugold residence hall move-in day today, right along with some of our new freshmen who will live on campus this semester. Move-in is one of my favorite times of the year: It’s rejuvenating to see and feel the anticipation among new students. Today, hearing their stories about their hopes and dreams reminded me of the university community’s important role in nurturing, guiding and nudging young people as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. I love my job!

I had some wonderful conversations this morning with students and their parents about why they chose UW-Eau Claire. I even was treated to a chorus of “Happy Birthday” from some of the more than 400 returning students serving as volunteer “Hall Raisers.” Thank you for that! I couldn’t ask for a better birthday present than to meet all these outstanding members of the Blugold family. Welcome to campus, new and returning students!